Friday, April 16, 2010

Yount-y Goodness

Remember that "Simpsons" episode that was meant to parody Citizen Kane, only with C. Montgomery Burns in the place of Charles Foster Kane? In this episode, Bart went to the Kwik-E-Mart and found Burns' beloved bear Bobo (Rosebud) encased within a bag of ice. When he asks Apu about it, Apu plays it off as a marketing strength, not a lapse in quality control. With some quick thinking, he assures Bart, "Ooh, a head bag. Those are chock full of... heady goodness."

Well, this card is chock full of Younty goodness.
2010 Topps Hat Logo Patch (MB Ball and Glove) #MHR-95 (97/99)

Some cards just make me happy. This is one of them.

8 comments:

Roy said...

Look at that hair. That makes me happy.

I was happy with my Dexter Fowler hat logo right away...but am losing interest in it.

The Wax Wombat said...

Yes, it may be manufactured... But it looks really cool.

EdS said...

I love the Ball and Glove logo...

It always amazes me when people say that they didn't realize the ball and glove also form an M and B

Sooz said...

lol, i had no idea it formed an M and B.

William said...

Great card or greatEST card?

The Gooch said...

Cool card and cooler Simpsons reference

White Sox Cards said...

A Simpsons reference that I use in everyday life AND a cool card of a logo I loved as a kid AND a pretty awesome player on that cool card? That a home run!

paulie3jobs said...

Ditto The Wax Wombat and ditto to Sooz.