Tuesday, May 18, 2010

2006 SP Legendary Cuts Group Break Results

Fuck.

I was all excited to upload the videos I took yesterday, but when I tried doing so, all I got was a bunch of fucked up clips that iMovie tried to hack into a new clip every second or so instead of capturing the entire take from start to finish. Upon playback within the camera, I found the video to be unwatchable. I sincerely apologize for any mistrust this might cause, but this break was completely above board. We got a lot of nice cards, but you'll just have to settle for the scans. We'll take a look at the hits box by box.

Box 1:
Robin Yount Legendary Materials (150/225) (Damn, the one time I don't take the Brewers! Fuck me in the ass with something sharp!)
Cal Ripken When It Was a Game (18/99)
Paul Molitor Baseball Chrononlogy (224/550)
Will Clark Baseball Chronology Jersey

Box 2:
Cal Ripken Baseball Chronology Jersey
Phil Niekro Place in History Signatures AUTO (15/52)
Andre Dawson Memorable Moments (114/225)
Johnny Bench Baseball Chronology (536/550)
Cy Young When It Was a Game (405/550)

Box 3:
Fergie Jenkins Legendary Materials (007/199) (Jenkins...Ferguson Jenkins... shaken, not stirred)
Casey Stengel Baseball Chronology (405/550)
Lou Brock Baseball Chronology Jersey
Denny McLain When It Was a Game (245/550)

Box 4:
Lou Brock Legendary Materials (069/225)
Ted Williams Baseball Chronology (543/550)
Ralph Kiner Baseball Chronology Bat
Will Clark When It Was a Game (129/550)

And we got three short printed base cards, which all seem to fall above #100, if that was Upper Deck's plan.
137 Bill Skowron, 167 Pie Traynor, #120 Tommie Agee

So... it looks like that's it. I now regret not taking the Brewers, since that's a Yount I didn't have from this set. The Orioles did rather nice, along with the Cardinals and Braves. That Niekro AUTO is very nice. Also kind of a weird base set. Lots of Cubs, White Sox, Tigers, and Cardinals, but no Yankees or Mets in the non-SP base set. Overall, I don't exactly feel the average box yields much value with regard to purchase price, but I do suppose you're paying a premium for a decent shot at a cut signature.








Oh... did I neglect to mention who it was?
Joe Cronin Legendary Signatures CUT AUTO (16/30)

I'm very happy for Zpop. He's taken a spot in just about every break I've held, but has never seemed to come away with much. I hope this makes it all worthwhile.

And if you have any questions about this break, please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

4 comments:

Zpop said...

Holy cow...

NY Hitman 23 said...

Cool! I see a few cards that I'll be getting! I never bought any of these so I'm anxious to see these in person. Congrats on the cut auto Zpop!

capewood said...

That was a waste of money for a Phillies fan.

arfmax said...

I haven't received these cards in the mail yet, can you please advise when they were sent?

Thanks

-arfmax