Thursday, May 27, 2010

Look at This Stuff, Isn't It Neat...?

...Don't you think my collection's... oh, hello there. Sorry to go all Disney comeback on you, but I'd like to stop and share the newest acquisition to my Robin Yount collection.

Before I do, let me ask you how much you would be willing to pay for a 1993 Topps Finest Refractor card of Robin Yount?
COMC has one for $108.00.
The cheapest one on eBay is $115.00, but it's slabbed and, therefore, ugly.

Well, here's mine.

Try $37.99, shipped.

For good measure, here's the regular chrome Salieri to the refractor's Mozart.

For those of you expecting a rehashing of The Hardy Boys Casefiles #11: Brother Against Brother, you will be sorely disappointed. These two cards are at last reunited, and the mid-period Holy Grail of Yount collecting is now mine. It really is the centerpiece of the in-career Robin Yount cards issued, if you're not counting the 1975 rookie. There are still a few 1990s ones out there that are tough to get (or tough to pay for), such as the McDonald's/Score western states test issue from 1990, which I do have, but not many left for me to chase. Much like Matt LeBlanc in his pre-stardom ketchup commercial, the best things do come to those who wait.

2 comments:

Joe S. said...

Sometimes I forget that there WERE, actually, some cards of value in the 90s.

Cameron said...

So what's the deal with the '93 Finest Refractors? What i've gathered on my own is that they're the first refractors and probably somewhat scarce. Anything else I'm not aware of?