Thursday, May 13, 2010

Totally Awesome $40 Card Lot: Part 9

We've come to the penultimate post concerning the awesome $40 lot of cards I picked up. There were a few more card boxes to make my way through, and in them I found...

...a large lot of 1995 Upper Deck Minor League cards.

From the piles above, you might think that this set is all about looking as weird as possible, letting your freak flag fly, and producing the baseball-playing offspring that look like the result of a particularly nasty three-way between Barry Bonds, Steve Bartman, and John Lennon. However, 1995 UDMiL is really all about...

...keeping your pitching arm covered and your masturbating arm iced...

...protecting one's cranium from all manner of unpredictable variables and wayward projectiles...

...and most of all, it's about gettin' everyone supersoaked for making fun of your (admittedly) bad-ass haircut.

Oh, and there was also this complete set of 1994 Upper Deck All Time Heroes.

What a cool set, one of the first true original legends sets. This set is worthy of a blog post of its own, or even a blog of its own, which I don't have time for now. I will say one thing, that I like the inclusion of some players you almost never see in other sets that have come since then. Ron Necciai, anyone? And the white Frank Thomas? One day I really need to sit down with this set and read it like a book. No doubt I'd learn something.

The finale of this lot is nigh.

No comments: