Monday, June 28, 2010

2010 Topps Experiment II: Update #3 (Someone Accidentally Sent Me a Super Short Print)

Another day, another bunch of 2010 Topps Series 2 cards. A nice pile came from a new blogger on the block, Two Strikes. My top three that I still needed:
#594 Andy LaRoche
What a great photo. It's rare that you can tell exactly what happened on a card. LaRoche most likely had to make a diving stab to his left, get himself back on his feet, and then attempt to throw the runner out at first. Clumps of dirt tell the story on this one, what was probably the proudest moment of the Pirates' 2009 season.

#340 John Buck
I've been paying closer attention to catchers' masks recently. I'm surprised that not all backstops have switched over to the hockey-style mask like the one Buck is wearing here. I suppose some guys like the easy removal of the straps-over-the-head old-school version in case of foul pop-ups.

#572B
BUCHHOLZOMBIE!
Oh yeah, the ultra-rare Clay Buchholz Zombie Variant!

I can't believe I was the first person to acquire one of these. Straight to eBay with this one-in-eight-cases SSP!
Zombie-fying famous icons is nothing new, as of late, and I'm glad to see Topps join the party. Marvel Comics has done it...

...DC has followed suit...

...and heck, even Jane Austen is not immune.
Buchholz doesn't want K's on this card, he's after BRAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNNNS.

And can you guess a zombie's second-favorite food?

Ironically, it's pie.

1 comment:

paulie3jobs said...

"Everyone loves pie." - SpongeBob Squarepants.