Thursday, June 3, 2010

That Is Some Straight-Up Bullshit

As someone who opined that the Brewers did themselves a disservice by doing some after-the-fact lobbying in an attempt to give CC Sabathia a no-hitter towards the end of the 2008 season, I do feel bad for Armando Galarraga and Tigers fans.

Not much more needs to be said on the subject, other than the way Galarraga proved himself to be a class act in post-game interviews. And not that I would sell it, but I am now much happier to own this card:
2008 Topps Chrome #? Armando Galarraga AUTO

Yeah, it's the one with the weird card number on the back that I wrote about back in November, 2009. Hmmm... just like Wednesday night's game, this card is slightly imperfect. Or is that odd sticker akin to Galarraga's positive attitude, an unexpected bonus that makes the cards and his game... dare I say... super-perfect?

I'm just hoping he gets another chance such as this one in his career.

No comments: