Thursday, July 15, 2010

Completion! (Failed Prospect Edition)

Courtesy of SpastikMoos, the final card needed to complete my 1992 Upper Deck Baseball set...

#75 David McCarty Top Prospect '92

I kept this thing unopened since receiving it a few days ago, thinking it was a bunch of 2010 Topps. Turns out, SpastikMoos was just being ultra-careful about making sure this VALUABLE card arrived in pristine condition, sandwiched between enough layers of plastic to cause DuPont's stock to rise a quarter of a point.

I think this officially closes the door on baseball junk--wax-era sets I'll ever try to build. The nostalgia has worn off, and it's become clear that I'm merely storing highly organized garbage.

This doesn't mean, of course, that I'm giving up on those 1993 and 1994 Fleer Football sets. Them bitches worth tons!

Excuse while I try to pay for college with that "Death of Superman" issue.

No comments: