Friday, July 23, 2010

Run Sausage, Run Deep (Contest!)

Tomorrow morning I will be taking part in the 12th Annual Famous Racing Sausages Run/Walk around and through Miller Park. This will be the third time I have taken part, and the first since 2008.

Last week I picked up my registration packet on the early pick-up day. It makes things easier not to have to deal with standing in line on race day, then humping back to your car with whatever you don't want to have with you during the run. Plus, there's a decent shot of getting a T-shirt that actually fits me, since all of the normal-human-sized shirts are usually gone by the time I get my stuff. Anything larger than an adult medium for me and I'm fucking drowning in it. The shirt looks great this year, yellow instead of the usual white, although the slogan is a little too cutesy for my taste. My wife and I also get a voucher for a future Brewer game and a hot dog and beverage after the race.

I'm pretty psyched about the run, since this is the best I've felt during a period leading up to one. To add some intrigue, I'm going to let you make a guess as to my finishing time in this 5k run. The person with the guess closest to my actual time (format - mm:ss, like 28:05) will receive a prize of a care package of cards of the team of their choice. If you want, look for clues in past blog posts as to the time I might record. I have written about running in the past.

Each person may make one guess up until 8:00 AM Central time Saturday morning. Good luck!

12 comments:

Dan said...

19:32

mmmrhubarb said...

18:36

Good luck - have fun!

SpastikMooss said...

20:20 - Hope it's awesome man!

Anonymous said...

i'll say 23:08


joe from SS

Alex said...

21:17

Steve D said...

24:01

Mad Guru said...

26:12. Good luck to you.

William said...

22:19

Don said...

Light up the course at 20:04

deal said...

How far is a K again?? In honor of one of my favorite sets I will go with 19:59. I don't know what hte weather is supposed to be like out there, but stay hydrated and kick butt - well at least enough to come in at 19:59 anyway.

beardy said...

Hmmm... 23:04, which is really damn fast as far as I'm concerned. My best time is like 27:something, but I have the physique of an infant.

Good luck dude!

Thorzul said...

Closed.