Sunday, September 26, 2010

Last Blogger Standing: Round 2

Yesterday, the contest got underway when I asked you if you thought the mystery lot contained a 1989 Pro Set Warren Moon card, #149. The answer is... yes, indeed, that card is in the stack. This means that everyone who answered in the affirmative is eligible to compete in round 2.

Round 2 Competitors:
Chris Mays
dkwilson
Chris Harris (The odds-on favorite?)
Alex
I Don't Know...3rd Base
--David
Mariner1 (Sweetest avatar, by the way.)
Hackenbush
Tony Mc
deal
Plat at the Plate
AdamE
BA Benny
The Notorious B.U.D. (Have you gotten your Mattingly yet, dude?)
William
darkship
arfmax
dgreen1899
MDXS (An INXS tribute blog?)
SpastikMooss

From an original field of 31, you have been narrowed down to 20 participants. Not exactly half-life radioactive decay, but a separation of the wheat from the chaff, nonetheless.

And how could there not be a Warren Moon card in this lot? The man played for the Oilers, once threw for 527 yards in a game against the Chiefs, and was immortalized for all time in the pages of Sports Illustrated for Kids in a comic depicting him getting caught stealing sweatbands from a store as a troubled youth. Sweatbands, bitches.

ROUND 2
Is this card in the stack?
1994-95 Fleer Basketball #284 Mark West

Answer yes or no to enter. You have until 11:59 tonight.

Oh, and an additional prize has been added to the hopper. The winner, in addition to the complete card lot, will also be subject to an exclusive Thorzul Will Rule interview regarding their participation in this contest. Good luck, all who are left!

20 comments:

William said...

YES.

Word Verifcation: Prizemac

Coincidence?

Mariner1 said...

Yes

Thanks for the love on the avatar. Love my old school M's

SpastikMooss said...

No

MDXS said...

Yes.

And not an INXS tribute - I'm way better at auto-erotic asphyxiation than that guy.

AdamE said...

no

TJ said...

I'm going to have to play fair and disqualify my self. I said "no" for round 1.

I'm never going to get ahead in life doing shit like that.

Thorzul said...

Oh, thanks TJ. Tabulation mistake by me. Like the Bobs say, "We fixed the glitch."

The Notorious B.U.D. said...

No.

But yes I did get the Mattingly...and I absolutely love it! Thanks again!

BA Benny said...

I will say YES.

Play at the Plate said...

Yes.

Hackenbush said...

Yes. Go Packers.

darkship said...

no

I Don't Know....3rd Base said...

yes

--David said...

No. Not in there.

Alex said...

No

dgreen1899 said...

No

arfmax said...

No

-arfmax

Chris Mays said...

No

deal said...

wow this is odd a bunch of Yes votes followed by a bunch of No votes. Don't mess with a streak I say NO.

Chris Harris said...

No