Monday, October 11, 2010

October Group Break is Open

We keep going backwards in time on these breaks, but I think I've found some quality stuff from the year 2004. This month we'll be breaking one box of 2004 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts and one box of 2004 Topps Clubhouse Collection. While Cuts needs no introduction, I should probably let you know what you're getting into with Clubhouse Collection. Boxes of this product contain ten two-card packs, both of which are relic cards. The checklist seems pretty solid, with a good mix of legends and then-current stars, so we should get something good out of the 20 hits. Lots of parallels, all of which are relics, too.

I'm trying out a new idea this month. I've weighted the price structure of the Legendary Cuts for the teams present in the set. (The Angels, Astros, Expos, Rays, and the Skank Teams are not represented in SP Cuts.) The Yankees and Dodgers are especially well-represented, thus the high price. For the Clubhouse Collection, each team was weighed equally at $10.50 including shipping. The final price accounts for both boxes. And those Skank Teams I mentioned... they would be the Diamondbacks, Rockies and Marlins. All three can be yours for the low, low price of $5.00. Boom or bust, I'm guessing. Some of the less-popular teams are not part of Team Skank in this break, since some sweet cards can be found for the Pirates, Royals, and the like.

If you want in on this break, make your team preference known in the comments, and then send correct immediate PayPal payment to this address: bill13boehm@yahoo.com

As always, include your real name, screen name, team, and address in the space provided in your PayPal payment. Things have run so much smoother since instituting this request, so help me out, peeps.

Teams available can be found below. Don't balk at the price, there are a lot of hits to be found, and who knows, we might even get a cut signature like last time we tried out Legendary Cuts. Good luck!

Angels $10.50: Colin (paid)
Astros $10.50: Alec (paid)
A's $16.78: ratedrookie (paid)
Blue Jays $12.37: BS (paid)
Braves $19.83- Chris Mays (paid)
Brewers $16.78: Thorzul (paid)
Cardinals $25.27: Ikescards (paid)
Cubs $22.89: Cardsplitter (paid)
Dodgers $32.22: gcrl (paid)
Expos $10.50: natscards (paid)
Giants $20.51: BS (paid)
Indians $13.55: Alec (paid)
Mariners $10.50: Todd Uncommon (paid)
Mets $17.97: BA Benny (paid)
Orioles $21.36: Beardy (paid)
Padres $13.05: BS (paid)
Phillies $17.29: arfmax (paid)
Pirates $16.10: Cardsplitter (paid)
Rangers $13.72: Colin (paid)
Rays $10.50: Joe from the Southside (paid)
Red Sox $25.10: Cardsplitter (paid)
Reds $22.38: Alex (paid)
Royals $13.55: longlivethewho (paid)
Tigers $17.29: Todd Uncommon (paid)
Twins $15.59: Zpop (paid)
White Sox $13.55: Joe from the Southside (paid)
Yankees $39.01: BS (paid)
The Skanks (Rockies, Marlins, Diamondbacks) $5.00 SPECIAL: Alec (paid)

19 comments:

Chris Mays said...

I'll take the Braves. Money on the way ...

Alec said...

I'll go with the Rockies/Marlins/D-Backs combo and the Indians

IkesCards said...

We'll take the Cardinals. Payment on the way.

Cardsplitter said...

Red Sox. on the way.

natscards said...

Expos! Payment on the way.

ratedrookie said...

I'll take the A's. PayPal on the way. Thanks!

arfmax said...

Phillies, payment on the way

-arfmax

Anonymous said...

I would really like the Yankees and Giants, but I can't send payment until tomorrow morning. I understand completely if that disqualifies me. Please let me know. If I don't hear anything, I will send payment as soon as possible, hopefully no later than tomorrow at noon. Thank you.

BS

Colin said...

I'll take thw Rangers.

beardy said...

O's por favor. Payment is incoming.

Anonymous said...

Payment for Yanks and Giants is on its way. Thank you for your patience.

BS

longlivethewho said...

I'll take the Royals. Thanks

BA Benny said...

I'll go with the Mets please.

JD's Daddy said...

I got here a bit too late and will sit this one out, but i wanted to comment and say that I love the weighting idea for prices. Makes it really fair for all, I think. Good idea!

gcrl said...

i will take a chance on the dodgers...

Alex said...

reds please

Cardsplitter said...

Going to go with the Cubs, too. Payment on the way.

Zpop said...

I'll go in for the Twins.

Todd Uncommon said...

I'll take the Mariners, and for a change of pace, I'll take the Tigers, too.

Payment coming shortly.

Thanks for sponsoring these breaks!