Friday, November 5, 2010

Now That's a Helmet Sticker I Can Live With

The other day I was looking to see if I could find out more about the helmet stickers used by college football teams like Ohio St. and Florida St. In my opinion, such recognition is unnecessary and very "high school" in nature. While the merits of such practices are not what's up for debate here, I did find it interesting to learn that more teams than I thought promote the use of helmet stickers.

With Wikipedia being able to be edited by virtually anyone, some pretty ridiculous stuff can sneak through, at least for a short time. I love coming across entries that include obviously false information that someone uploaded for purely comedic purposes. Just check out this list of schools using helmet decals.

Personally, I would like to see that last one in action. Too bad they're one of those FCS schools without a big-time TV contract. They have a rabid, if small, fan following, but they have trouble scheduling any of the major programs across the country. Still, their helmets look great.

No comments: