Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Second Chance For Your Blog

Has this ever happened to you? You spend a good amount of time on a blog post, it turns out pretty much the way you wanted it, you even read it back to yourself and laugh out loud. You hit "Publish," and you wait. And you wait. And you wait some more. After a couple of days, perhaps a few more posts, still no one has commented. Sound familiar?

Well, I'm giving everyone a second chance... to read one of my favorite uncommented-upon posts... as well as one of everyone else's. Here's what you have to do.

1. Go back through your card blog's archive. Perhaps you can locate it easily, perhaps not. Whatever you do, find that unloved, uncommented-upon post that you were particularly proud of.

2. Next, email me the link to that post with the "Unloved Post" in the subject line. -----> bill13boehm@yahoo.com

3. I'll check it out, compile a list, and spin this bunch of lonely posts into an epic post of my own.

That's it, really. Get me your links by the end of the day on Monday, and I'll promise to include yours. Hopefully we can uncover a bunch of great unheralded work by a great brother- and sisterhood of writers.

Oh, and here's mine:
Thorzul Will Rule - Fargo Meets Card Collecting

11 comments:

Retrofan said...

I hope no one comments on it. That would be the ultimate sign of respect. I've only read it once now, but I think it's one of those things that more funny to the writer than the audience. Mind you I get the humour of the story, but if you don't follow it carefully, it may seem confusing.

mmmrhubarb said...

It seemed sacrilege to comment there, so I'll comment here: I grew up not far from Grand Forks, and went to college not far from Fargo, and I won't have you bad mout'in that hole region, don'tcha no. Der some good folks up nort'.

I won't say I'm particularly proud of it, but this post at my blog went uncommented, and it's focus is even more God-forsaken than yours: Winnipeg Canada:
http://mmmrhubarb.wordpress.com/2010/01/18/canada-flashback-winnipeg-total-solar-eclipse/
(although Winnipeg is a great place to visit)

mmmrhubarb said...

...and the "w" gets left off of whole...

dayf said...

This is from the very early days, but no one commented on my post about the day the Baseball Hall of Fame became completely full of shit. http://cardjunk.blogspot.com/2007/12/hall-of-fame-has-jumped-shark.html

Marvin is up for election again (and will be passed over again) this year so I could probably just cut and paste it in a couple months and no once would be the wiser.

--David said...

Hmm, I have to pick just one, eh? Well, a quick look through my blog and you will find that comments are more the exception than the rule...

Fuji said...

Great idea... I look forward to checking out (and commenting on) the list of "unloved" posts!

Greg Zakwin said...

I anxiously await your epic post of unloved posts.

http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com/2009/08/rick-sutcliffe-really-should-not-talk.html

ThingsareFunnerHere said...

Awesome concept! I'm in.

Bo said...

Freaky - the post I was thinking of was from exactly one year ago. Still hoping someone would take me up on this:
http://borosny.blogspot.com/2009/11/lets-trade-our-untradeables.html

GCA said...

Well, my blog has gone pretty much unnoticed, even with the inclusion on Dayf's list. Comments are even scarcer than readers, even on the posts that predate the dedication to cardboard. And now that I haven't added anything in another month, I'm sure readership is pushing negative numbers. But if anyone is inspired, go to http://thecollectivemind.blogspot.com/

Play at the Plate said...

Great idea Mr. Thorzul. Here is one I thought was clever back in September when the Rangers were going through a rough patch.

http://playattheplatedude.blogspot.com/2010/09/its-time.html