Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trade Me Anything IV: Trade #1

The trades have started to trickle in, and I think we're off to a good start. The first package to arrive, just after the Veteran's Day holiday, was from BA Benny.

In past years, I have employed the use of interesting backgrounds behind the cards I'm letting go. I think I'm out of good background stuff, but I will still try to pair the traded cards with some other related image from pop culture from my home. This first connection is pretty easy. I'll try to make it tougher.

Giving:
A whole mess of Cards Your Mom Threw Out

Getting:
A whole mess of Brewers...

...and a whole mess of Update Series cards I needed.

Pluses:
*I always like receiving stuff from my want lists.

*Brian McCann's All-Star Game MVP trophy is featured. This might be the best looking trophy in baseball. The World Series trophy is hideous, light-years behind the Stanley Cup (easily the best), the Lombardi Trophy, and the NBA Finals trophy. In other sports, the crystal BCS trophy (available at Sears) is awful, but probably not as bad as the NCAA Basketball plaque, which looks like something you would get for winning the Wisconsin Catholic Middle School Pee-Wee Basketball League.
Rumor has it McCann later pleasured a woman with it... and then himself.

Minuses:
*Brewers from "The Dismal Years" (post-Yount retirement through about 2006) are one of the things I underappreciate. Sorry, I can't help it. There were some good cards in the Brewers lot, but those were ones I already own. In fact, if I were to make a Venn diagram pertaining to this trade, it would look something like this:

When properly filled out, I just can't see anything going in the overlapping section.

Thanks BA Benny!

3 comments:

FanOfReds said...

High marks for use of a Venn Diagram.

BA Benny said...

I took a shot. You did say trade you anything so I did. At least you can use the updates. I like the Venn diagram too.

82Redbirds said...

You could always have a combo-category (e.g. Wheel of Fortune). For instance: "Greeting Cards Your Mother Threw Out" with appropriate greeting cards or "Pike's Peak Performance" with a picture of the mountain behind the baseball cards. OK...I'm going off on a tangent.