Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trade Me Anything IV: Trade #4

A good man named Scott, a New Jersey resident, sent me some cards in return for some other cards. What you are about to read is a factual account of this trade. The names have not been changed, and the situations are real.

Giving:
More Tales of the Game #MTOG-14 Stephen Strasburg

Attax Buster Posey, Stephen Strasburg, Ichiro, and Paul Konerko

Getting:
2007 Goudey Green Back #84 Prince Fielder

An Oddball Yount and Listach

1970 Topps #289 Gene Brabender and #323 Wayne Comer

Pluses:
*First genuine Pilots cards in my collection. Why did it take until now?

*Dude sent me a Bra-bender. The man bends bras. Bras.
And Wayne Comer? The back of his card says his first name is Harry. How about that, a Bra Bender and a Harry Comer? These post-Woodstock Topps issues are nasty.

Minuses:
*No man can send me a Robin Yount card I don't already have. Alright, maybe there is a man who can. But know this: I already own the slightly oversized proof version of that Yount Post card. Man up, men.

No comments: