Saturday, November 20, 2010

Trade Me Anything IV: Trade #6

In honor of the Night Owl, I'll set this one to go live sometime during the witching hour. Here's a nice can't-sleep helping of "anything."

Giving:
Attax Andre Ethier and Turkey Red #TR106 Roy Campanella

Getting:
A nice bunch of 2010 Allen & Ginter mini inserts

A pair of Fleer Brewers stickers

2009 Upper Deck X Die-Cut #76 Tim Lincecum

A nice lot of 2010 Update Series cards, 10 of which I still needed

A Robin Yount and a 1973 Chuck Taylor


1989 Pro Set Superbowl #XI (Raiders 32 - Vikings 14... nice!)

A bunch of 1991 ProCards Milwaukee Admirals cards (only a few pictured here)


Pluses:
*Love the variety. As a kid I remember begging for those little cereal variety packs, but the only time she ever caved in was when we were going camping. Perhaps TMA is my Freudian response to a lifetime of denials.

*Admirals cards... are you serious? These Admirals cards are from my wheelhouse of game attendance. The only name I recognize is Peter Bakovic. My friend's mom had a crush on him. I couldn't believe it when Peter showed up at my school for career day. As far as I know, none of my classmates ever became professional hockey players.

*Those Ginter minis are SWEET! I had actually started filling up my cart at COMC last night, but had a really good feeling about Night Owl's trade package. Thank goodness I started to open it. This saved me a few bucks and I was able to snag a few more cards from my want lists.

*And how about that John Milton card! It reminds me of the lecture Donald Sutherland's professor character is giving in Animal House:
"Now, what can we say of John Milton's Paradise Lost? It's a long poem, written a long time ago, and I'm sure a lot of you have difficulty understanding exactly what Milton was trying to say. Certainly we know that he was trying to describe the struggle between good and evil, right? Okay. The most intriguing character, as we all know from our reading, was...Satan. Now was Milton trying to tell us that being bad was more fun than being good? [no response] OK, don't write this down, but I find Milton probably as boring as you find Milton. Mrs. Milton found him boring too. He's a little bit long-winded, he doesn't translate very well into our generation, and his jokes are terrible. [Bell rings, students rise to leave] But that doesn't relieve you of your responsibility for this material. Now I'm waiting for reports from some of you... Listen, I'm not joking. This is my job!"


Minuses:
*I already have that Yount and the Chuck Taylor. Besides, I don't think Taylor is even actually wearing a hat. If you think his cap is real, I might have some pictures of Anna Kournikova circa 1999 being double penetrated that you might be interested in.

*I'd like to play it off a such, but my background DVD was unintentionally ironic. The connection is "Turkey," of course (Turkey Red/Thanksgiving), but it was only after I scanned this that I realized that there was no turkey served in the Peanuts special. So... until Topps releases its 2017 Topps Jellybeans and Toast throwback set, I'm the punk bitch.

Thanks, Night Owl!

And to the rest of you, feel free to post your favorite Animal House quotes in the comments.

4 comments:

night owl said...

I'm not "the rest of you," but I'd just like to say: fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

I, too, desperately wanted those cereal variety packs as a kid and did not get them unless we were making one of our twice yearly trips to my grandmother's. What was so evil about cereal variety packs?

Ryan said...

For some reason I only got the cereal variety packs when we went on vacation too! Apparently all of our mothers are now secretly controlling the MLBPA licensing agreements with card companies these days... No variety...

Kevin said...

"Put Neidermayer on it. He's a sneaky little shit just like you."

mmmrhubarb said...

"OTIS, MY MAN!"