Sunday, November 21, 2010

Trade Me Anything IV: Trade #7

This next trade package came from Mad Guru down at Rain of Error. If you're playing along at home, you might remember that he's the guy who solved my extremely difficult card rebus earlier this year.

Giving:
The Cards Your Mom Threw Out #CMT167 Jason Bay and Turkey Red #TR138 Christy Mathewson

Getting:
2008 Upper Deck X J.J. Hardy Game-Used Jersey #UDXM-JH

1989 Topps #698 Keith Atherton

Yoda Lenticular Valentine (from Kyle to Galan)

International Grading Service Coupon

Screen on the Green Film Festival Postcard

An issue of Little League Magazine featuring Ryan Braun

Pluses:
*Nice Hardy jersey, even though he's no longer on the team.

*Since the Mathewson is severely miscut (see below), it's only fitting that I receive that Atherton card. If you look closely, it seems as if this card somehow got involved with the machine that seals the top of a bag of candy orange slices and punches a hole in the top. At least, that's what I wish had happened. Probably just a rack pack mishap.

Minuses:
*How come I was not notified earlier about Screen on the Green? I seriously missed out on Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, dammit! (Speaking of which, isn't that film a tad ironic to be showing at the National Mall? One guy standing up to the greed and corruption of Washington... sounds a little far-fetched to me.)

*I will never get anything graded. Ever.

Thanks Mad Guru! (Now to track down a bag of those orange slices...)

(Oh, and I think I've made a nice comeback on the card backgrounds. Any guesses on the connection?)

4 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

San Francisco Bay? Michael Bay? The Christy card escapes me though. Maybe he's somehow related to Nic Cage.

dayf said...

1) Dwayne Johnson is the spitting image of Christy Mathewson.

1a) A cheesy but enjoyable movie about Nic Cage trying to juggle little green deathballs on Alcatraz which happens to be located in San Francisco Jason.

(But mostly the Dwayne thing)

Derek said...

I Would love to be added to your blog roll. I've just started collecting again and blogging. Thanks,
Derek

http://tomahawkchopping.blogspot.com/

Bo said...

Believe it or not my wife gave me those Clone Wars valentines last Valentines Day.