Thursday, December 2, 2010

2010 Card-vent Calendar: December 2

Now that things have returned to normal following the three hours of hysteria and mayhem following my hoax announcement that Card-vent 2010 would not take place, it's time to open another door.

1997 Score Pitcher Perfect #7 Tim Salmon

Soooo, I get the point of this card. Basically, the subject is depicted holding an object with which he shares a name. Namely, Salmon is holding a salmon.

Soooo, you see Randy Johnson at the bottom of this card? This means if he were the subject of the card...



I apologize for the imagery, but that doesn't mean I'm done misbehaving. Do you suppose "it" had a mullet for the duration of the 1990s as well?







Ick.

6 comments:

ThingsareFunnerHere said...

LOL. I wonder what Dick Trickle's card would look like.

caljr3000 said...

1. I totally used to have that card!
2. The Big Unit joke combined with what's essentially an advent calendar is awesomely sacrilegious! Or since it includes chocolate, I guess it's deliciously sacrilegious.

dayf said...

2010 "Post of the Year" winner right here, folks.

Cardsplitter said...

You are a foul, foul man.

Play at the Plate said...

Funny, but I wonder what the background would be for that Johnson card.

Pikes Place Market, where that fish market in the background is located, is cool. Or was back in the early '90s when I lived near Seattle.

night owl said...

OK, first the fakery, and now the imagery.

The penguins are crying.