Sunday, December 5, 2010

2010 Card-vent Calendar: December 5

December 5, 2010:
2010 Kraft SpongeBob #2 Cheery Challenge

I must have been a very good boy this year. First, I received those Cap'n Crunch box cards, and now I have one from a box of Kraft macaroni and cheese. I can now honestly say that my Christmas wishes have come true, and it's still a whole 20 days until that glorious morning.

I should use this time to share with you a fun Spongebob experience had this summer. In August, on the way back home from our trip to Minnesota, we stopped in Wisconsin Dells for a mini- getaway. One of the can't-miss attractions was Noah's Ark - America's Largest Waterpark. After hitting all of the big slides at least once, we had a carry-in lunch (big ass sandwiches). Honoring every mother's old adage to wait an hour after you eat to go swimming, we hit a ride called SpongeBob SquarePants 4-D. If you've never been on a 4-D ride before, it's basically a movie that adds in-theatre special effects to the usual sights and sounds. For example, if SpongeBob were to get splashed in the movie, a stream of water coming from the chair in front of you would hit you in the face. If there were rats in a scene, small plastic lashes near the floor would lightly whip your legs. Underwater dives were accompanied by a bunch of bubbles, and to feel a diagetic breeze, a fan would blow on cue. It was kind of like the gimmicks mainstream theatres tried out back in the 1950s. I really liked it a lot, I got a little wet, and my tummy was given the time it needed to attack the wave pools once again. All-in-all, a fun experience that I would recommend if there's a 4-D theatre near you.

1 comment:

dayf said...

What is God's name were your Packers wearing today?!? Were the brown helmets supposed to represent old timey leather helmets or something? Oy Gevalt!

VW: butbortn
As in: "Those uniforms were a butbortn to fashion"