Monday, December 27, 2010

Best Christmas Gift of the Year

I'd like to take a moment to show off my best Christmas gift of 2010.

Ever since I've completed the set of box topper emblems that came in hobby boxes of 2007 Topps Heritage, I've talked about framing them in order to display the set. They've been lying in a pile atop some comic book boxes for the better part of at least two years. Finally, the wife turned my big talk into action.

Doesn't that look awesome? That's a green felt background behind them, part of my auteur's vision. Don't try to make any rhyme or reason of the team placement, they're arranged for their aesthetic beauty. I had originally thought about putting them in the order each franchise was established, but they certainly look better this way. The Yankees and Red Sox ended up together, and some of the oddball colors (Senators, Orioles, and Pirates) ended up in the middle row, and all of the red ones are separated. Overall, it's a great gift that I can't wait to hang on the wall.

6 comments:

maine mariner said...

Very nice.

longlivethewho said...

Very nice addition, looks like the emblems were placed together just right.

--David said...

Very cool! Great gift!

the sewingmachineguy said...

Sweet! I love this kind of stuff. How to display our cool stuff is the collectors lament.

Mark said...

Very cool!

Play at the Plate said...

Very nice of the wife to put action to your thoughts.