Friday, December 31, 2010

Top Five Pulls of 2010: #5

The time has come again to reveal the brief successes that make opening packs an occasional joy amidst the usual failure. This begins the parade of the Top Five Pulls made in the year 2010. Let's get this social gathering underway.

Card: 2009 Upper Deck A Piece of History #54 Ryan Braun Gold Parallel (43/50)

From: Hobby Box

Why I Love This Card: Perhaps it's not this card in particular that I love; rather, I am encouraged by what this card represents. I wrote a couple of days ago that one of the last CC Sabathia cards I'm trying to track down is this exact gold parallel. I bought to boxes of A Piece of History this year in hopes of nabbing a gold CC, but I was only able to pull one gold in total, this Ryan Braun. Since it happened to be one of the only players I actively collect, I'm taking it as a good omen. Hopefully, the CC will pop up on eBay one day soon. Settling for the Braun in the meantime is an adequate consolation.

Take a trip back in time and gander at the top pulls from years past.
2009
2008
2007

No comments: