Monday, December 6, 2010

Trade Me Anything IV: Trade #12

Whenever dayf's Trade Me Anything package arrives each year, I know I'm in for a treat. A.D. 2010 was no different. In fact, it pleases me enough to spread a little holiday cheer.

Giving:
Topps Attax Jason Heyward, More Tales of the Game #TOG-4 Eddie Mathews...

...and Turkey Red #TR135 Orlando Cepeda

Getting:
2010 Panini stickers #382 Jermichael Finley and #383 James Jones

A buttload of game tickets from Dave & Buster's

A large lot of Dicks comics by Garth Ennis and John McCrea

A stack of 2010 Topps Updates, 11 of which went toward my set

A 2004 Dilbert calendar

Pluses:
*Wow... Dicks. I don't know how that one escaped me. Especially something so filthy. I fancy myself an Ennis fan, but I now realize how far out of the loop I've let myself go. Really, I haven't been buying new comics for about three years. Too expensive, too much to keep up with, not as fun as cards. Back-issue boxes at used book store... I'm still there.

*As dayf pointed out in a note, that Dilbert calendar will come in handy in 2032, being a Leap Year and all. For now, it will nest in the tree we got Sunday, and will decorate tonight.

Minuses:
*The Dave & Buster's franchise near my home has already been the subject of a local newscast involving public intoxication and, if I remember correctly, sidewalk urination. So... I guess that bit of troublemaking won't be the way I'll be making a name for myself in local circles. Too bad, there was some snow that really needed my initials in it.

Grayf trayf, dayf!

No comments: