Sunday, January 30, 2011

2003 Topps Gallery Hall of Fame Variations

Just before New Year's, I picked up a box of 2003 Topps Gallery Hall of Fame. It turned out to be my favorite box opening experience of the entire year, and contained my top pulls of 2010. Another box might be on the horizon, but perhaps not for a couple more months. In the meantime, I've decided that this is a complete set I'd like to go after, especially if I have some help. If you were not familiar, each of the 74 cards in the set has a refractor parallel called an Artist's Proof, as well as a picture variation to the base card. I tried as I might, but I could not find a complete listing of the what the variations in this set were. Without buying and opening a number of boxes and gathering empirical evidence from those, it's almost impossible to figure out which poses were the regular base cards and which were the variations.

So, I went ahead and did the next best thing: I figured it out for myself.
By scouring several different online sources, I was able to figure out what the base card variations are, and I've catalogued them for posterity. Below is a series of screen captures that encompasses the entire list.

If you ever wanted to collect this beautiful set, I hope you find this to be a useful resource. I'd also like to take a barometer reading to see if there are any readers out there who might be able to help me out by trading me cards for this set. I don't currently have a want list available. If you foresee being able to trade me some cards from this set, let me know.

3 comments:

IkesCards said...

Your box break post piqued my interest. What do boxes typically go for? Easy to find?

dayf said...

I have quite a few from this set. I am loathe to divest myself of Gallery cards, but if you are serious about completing the thing I could help out.

beardy said...

I've got some base cards from this set that I will gladly trade to you. Lemme do some digging in the "Closet of Commons" and see what I can find.