Friday, January 28, 2011

Completion: 1982 Topps

This week I received the last two cards I needed to complete the 1982 Topps baseball set.
Surprisingly, it was not a Cal Ripken or a Rickey Henderson I needed to finish the set, but two commons. Here they go.

1982 Topps #618 Tim Foli
I like his cap, but I like his "T" and "F" even more. Excellent script that Tim made his own.

1982 Topps #75 Tommy John
Just look at the back of that card! Such tiny print, and Tommy was just getting warmed up.

It feels good. Time to start another conquest. Whatever shall it be?

3 comments:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Nicely done! My brother and I always called that the hockey stick design.
How about building the 78 set? It is the last one with that old style Topps baseball style logo on the front.

Thorzul said...

Actually, I've already tackled that one.

http://thorzul.blogspot.com/2009/10/done-zo-part-ii.html

the sewingmachineguy said...

Sorry, I meant 79. Nice work on the 78 though.