Saturday, January 22, 2011

January Group Break: 2010 Famous Fabrics (1 of 1 Hit!)

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for. I teased it after showing the last box, and now you all get to find out who gets the mysterious 1/1 card from the Famous Fabrics box. The phenomenal luck in these Thorzul breaks has continued to grow.

2010 Famous Fabrics James Worthy 1988 Finals MVP (1/1)

I'm really happy for BS to get this card. His baseball teams were the Giants and Astros, and up until this point he was coming away with like three base cards. I don't think anyone got more skunked than him. He's getting this James Worthy 1/1, which the back of the card says is from a game-used pair of shorts. Congratulations!

By the way, what do you think of adding a box like this to the monthly breaks? I enjoyed the divvying up of the teams, as well as the element of surprise. I wouldn't want to do boxes of that product as a standalone break, since so many people would come away with nothing, but as something that adds just a few bucks to each slot, why not?

2 comments:

Cardsplitter said...

I think it would be cool to add to the breaks.

Anonymous said...

Well hot damn! That is one awesome pull. I guess the cruel irony is that I'm actually a Celtics fan, but I will not hold that against this excellent card. So if this is the only card in existence, what do you think happened to the rest of the jersey? Regardless, thank you so much! 2011 has been really good to me so far.

I'd be in to add these to the breaks, as well. Some of those multi-jersey cards are amazing.

BS