Sunday, January 2, 2011

Top Five Pulls of 2010: #3

Card2004 Donruss World Series Playoff All Stars #PAS-11 Albert Pujols (1x Bat, 2x Jersey) (090/100)

From: Hobby Box

Why I Love This Card: The jersey pieces may be small, and too much of the card design might be devoted to something other than the player, but this is still a cool card of the best player in the game. The box of 2004 Donruss World Series was probably the most fun I've had opening cards this year. The two-per box rookie autos might make it too tough of a set to complete, but if I knock out a few more sets this year, I'd consider picking up a few more boxes.

I'm sure there are other out there that hate them, but I love all of the just-before-death products put out by Donruss in the middle of the last decade. They were often guilty of being formulaic, but it was a formula that worked. Plus, there was this thing back then called "choice." I almost forget what that was like.

1 comment:

Baseballislife1984 said...

agreed! The donruss product in 2004 and 2005 was a lot better then the crap they put out now!