Monday, January 3, 2011

ZoolBay #1

I had an idea the other day, and I'd like to try it out.

Last year (or the year before, I can't remember) I bought a box of 2004 Topps Cracker Jack Baseball cards. It was a nice enough product, but since opening it, the box of unsorted cards have just sat amid a pile of card boxes. I came to the realization that I have absolutely no intention of building this set, but I'd like these cards to have a good home.
Therefore, Im going to auction them off on my blog. I use eBay to rid myself of waste from time to time, but I'd like to give it a go on my own this time. Normally, when I put something on eBay, unless it is a very desirable or timely item, it gets less than 20 views. It's almost not worth my time, since people have to be specifically looking for the item. With a blog, there's a built-in audience, and if my deal is good enough, someone will snap it up.

Here's what you're getting. This is a nearly complete box of 2004 Topps Cracker Jack. If you bid on this item, you will receive:
*All of the base cards
*All of the mini parallels
*All of the mini stickers
*Both blue background mini parallels (2)
*One relic card

All that's missing is the other relic card, a Randy Johnson that someone from Nightmares on Cardboard got as part of a prize this year. The bag of Cracker Jack is also missing, as it was opened and thrown out at first whiff. I'm not going to reveal what the parallels and relic card is, since part of the appeal of such an auction is the element of surprise.

If you want to bid on this item, state your bid in the comments. Bidding for this item will begin at $10.00 including shipping. Bidding may increase in 25-cent increments only. Bidding ends sometime on Sunday, January 9, 2011. I will most likely post a reminder that weekend. The winning bidder will have 48 hours to make payment.

Should this ZoolBay experiment turn out to be a success, I'll consider trying it again with something else. We'll see.
Happy bidding!

21 comments:

Mad Guru said...

I'll open at $10.

PunkRockPaint said...

I'll shill, errr, bid it up to $10.25

BA Benny said...

$10.50 over here.

Chris Mays said...

10.75

smedcards said...

$11

Matt F. said...

$11.25

IkesCards said...

11.50

Matt F. said...

$11.75

Chris Mays said...

12.00

Matt F. said...

$12.50

Thorzul said...

Slight breach of etiquette, kind of like going straight to the Triple Dog Dare, but I'll take it.

Matt F. said...

Shit, sorry. Wait, why am I apologizing again? 8-)

smedcards said...

Can I say $13.00?

Thorzul said...

Yes, you can. It's up to $13.00. Next bid at $13.25.

Chris Mays said...

What the hey ...

$13.25

smedcards said...

$13.50.

Chris Mays said...

13.75

smedcards said...

Ah! I'll do $14 if it's not too late. If it is, ah well!!

PunkRockPaint said...

It is is too late, I will bid $100.

If I can still bid, I repeat my previous bid of $10.25... Oh, crap. that's too low. Oh, well.

smedcards said...

I take it that it's a wrap??

smedindy@gmail.com if you want to email me.

Community Gum said...

A Dark Horse Arrives:

$14.25 says the gentleman from Chicago.

Tried putting this set together when it came out. Still have the cards. Let do this. -Andy