Sunday, February 27, 2011

Show Me Your Cups: Part II

"This is what democracy looks like!"

Man, the posts have been sparse this week, mostly related to non-sporting issues in my life. There have been a couple of trips to Madison to be on the correct side of history, as well as a bunch of after-school activities. On Monday I got to see Tom Morello (who, incidentally, had a few cards in Upper Deck's 2008 Football Heroes set), and last Friday I stood a few feet away from Jesse Jackson as he marched to the state capitol. The photo above is courtesy of Mrs. Thorzul, my partner in witnessing history.

Today, though, it's time to take a break from all of this "politics slop" and show off a couple more collectible cups.

First up is the only Packers cup in my cupboard. It's not technically from a stadium, but falls within the spirit of the rules. As you might be able to tell, this once held a McDonald's beverage, and it featured Donald Driver, newly-crowned Super Bowl champion. I don't know for sure if this is from this year or last year, but it's something I'd like to hold on to for ever after this season's success. I also once owned a regionally-distributed McDonald's cup like this featuring LeBron James. The Mickey D's High School All-American Game was being played in Milwaukee that year, and LeBron had been an MVP of a previous year. I actually sold it on eBay for a few bucks, so that worked out well.

Today's other cup features the Klement's Racing Sausages. A few years old now (Chorizo-less, I might add), this cup depicts the famous race around its circumference. Bringing up the rear are the Polish Sausage and Bratwurst (for whom I always cheer)...

...and the Hot Dog coasts to victory with a two-length (or width, I guess) lead over the Italian.

Hot Dog is crowned the winner, and I have to say he seems pretty stoked about it. Or maybe he's happy he's so delicious.

These ain't the last of my cups. Stay tuned.

Oh, and here's Mad Guru's late assignment. The dog excuse and such.

3 comments:

Fuji said...

Wow... that's a cool Driver McDonalds cup. I wish they did more of these in my neck of the woods. The last collector's cup I kept from McDonalds is almost 20 years old... from the USA Dream Team era.

Tony Brown said...

Still waiting for the big ten cup. Make it happen.

Duane said...

I, for one is so proud of the push back that teachers and other public employees are giving these boneheaded governors.....You cheeseheads have put up one hell of a fight..... and this Ohioan is backing you 100%!! of course we have our own fight to wage as well..... Keep it up.... teachers rock..... and yeah I posted to both posts that related to the fight vs gov dickhead.....