Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Suggestions?

April is a few days away, and I've been looking into new products for the April Group Break. I have some ideas for the star(s) of the break, and I was thinking a low-end product might be a nice change of pace to complement a pricier box. Any ideas on a product that goes in the $30-$50 range? Something with a one-per-pack parallel or something like that would be nice, maybe one or two marginal hits. I'm open to suggestions, especially from people who usually partake.

And if you say 1989 Bowman, I will bloody your lip electronically.

7 comments:

hiflew said...

How about something like 2001 Pacific? Great die cut inserts like the ornaments + tons of parallels and I think 1 hit per box. And it's different.

beardy said...

1989 Bowman.....

or 2003 Fleer Avant. Hell, all that old Fleer stuff is cheap, and there are still some decent hits to be had. Community gum just pulled a Jeter auto /25 from an Avant box.

Chris Mays said...

1990 Bowman?

IkesCards said...

Ditto Fleer. We just opened a cheapo rack pack box of 2004 Fleer Platinum Hobby - four rack packs per box, one auto per pack, less than $40 a box. Need to scan the cards, but Ike got a *nice* auto for his favorite players binder.

As always - we're in for the Redbirds.

Retrofan said...

2008 Upper Deck X.

Ryan G said...

If not 1989 Bowman then maybe 1988 Score? HAH.

First, I'm going to negative-vote for '08 Upper Deck X. Nothing against Retrofan but I saw more than enough of that set when I looked at the second card of the first pack I opened.

And I'm going to agree with the Fleer votes. I've always liked Fleer products. One of the inexpensive products with a good variety of inserts and perhaps a hit or two.

I never really went after anything from Pacific, and that would be an interesting choice too.

I hope to be in on this break, whatever it is!

Colbey said...

I too would vote for just about anything Pacific or Fleer.