Thursday, May 26, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #10

Here's the first autographed card I'm going to show from the amazing Lot O' Horn O' Plenty.
2008 TriStar Projections #138 Kevin Whelan AUTO

Whelan is currently playing for the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees, the AAA affiliate of the... you guessed it, New York Yankees. He's been in the Yankees' system since 2007, and in the minors since 2005. Could this be the year? At what point should he just give up? I'm pulling for him, if only it allows me to trade this to a Yankees collector for some big loot.

1 comment:

carlsonjok said...

Looks like Scranton is using him as a closer. Generally not a position with upward potential in the Yankees org. But I have to say, I'd like seeing him as the setup man rather than Soriano, if Mo hangs around another year.