Thursday, May 26, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #11

Sometimes the beauty of a gigantic lot of cards is that the beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. To someone else, this card might just be filler. To me, it means another occupied slot in a binder.

2009 Upper Deck Goudey #107 Mat Gamel Mini

I probably write this every time I post a Mat Gamel card (and I have more than a normal amount of them, since he's kind of a nobody in most of the country, yet had a bunch of autograph cards as a young rook), but is this guy ever going to play for the Brewers again?

And another question, one I've never asked before: Doesn't Gamel look like a messed up Matthew Modine in this artist's rendition? One of his more demented roles, maybe? I'm mostly thinking about the last time I saw Modine in anything, the third season of Weeds where he played a dirtbag developer who boned the unfortunate Celia Hodes.

1 comment:

the sewingmachineguy said...

Check out "Birdy" for some whacked out Modine.