Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #2

This next one was actually one of the last really good cards I pulled out of the flat rate box. I haven't mentioned this before, but I was forced to extricate large handfuls of 1989 Topps from the box in order to gain access to the tantalizing sweetmeats within. This was one of he sweeter meats.

1993 Topps Gold #98 Derek Jeter

This is a great card, one of the more recent cards to have achieved icon status within the Topps catalog. Believe it or not, I don't even have the base version of this card yet. 1993 Topps is one of those sets whose completion keeps getting set on the back burner. I have already contemplated buying a series 1 and series 2 box of this stuff just to fill out what's remaining in the set. On the other hand, I could also just break down and start to list all of the cards I need for the set. Does anybody have tons of this stuff lying around that you need to get rid of?

So, lucky find? I think that with this and the Yount card from yesterday, we're getting close to reaching a third of the purchase price in value, just two cards in.

5 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

I had 2 or 3 of those jumbo boxes (maybe rack pack boxes, I can't remember) that got sold in my huge "I'm never collecting again" garage sale about 3 years ago. I odn't have anything left.

Tunguska said...

Send me a list. I have way too many complete sets and way too many singles.
I was working on the gold parallel set when buying packs was the best/only option. =)

hiflew said...

I just completed 1993 Topps myself. Last card Wade Boggs if you are curious.

Email me a list of what you need and I will see what I have for you.

Grand Cards said...

1993 Topps was the peak of my youth collecting. If you like, I can send you a box of what I have left (and spare you the pain of creating a list)

Milwaukee Southpaw said...

I'm cleaning out my card closet and have a big chunk of 1993 Topps in there somewhere. If you still are missing some I'd be happy to take a look through and see what I can find.