Sunday, May 22, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #6

Why didn't I own this already?
1988 Topps #779 Tom Glavine

Well, I didn't buy that much '88 Topps. I wasn't even ten freaking years old... gimme a break!

Okay, this lot came with a nice amount of 1988 Topps cards. They are all in great condition, much better than they would have been in had they been stored in a shoe box for much of their lives. Rest assured, this will be the only '88 Topps card I show in my "100 Best" segment. I'll call on you to help should I decide to build this set, although I will need a head start on constructing an extra bedroom to house the inevitable truckloads of cards.

JUNKWAXALANCHE!

1 comment:

Fuji said...

I love buying collections filled with this kind of stuff... both of my recent Craigslist finds had a bunch of 1988 Topps baseball... and thankfully there were two Glavines in the lot.

It might have been overproduced... but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a rookie card of a future HOFer.

Congratulations!