Saturday, May 14, 2011

May Group Break: 2005 Fleer National Pastime

The May group break is underway. Let's begin with the first box, 2005 Fleer National Pastime.

THE HITS:
Curt Schilling 2001 Fleer Legacy Gray Pinstripe Jersey (05/32)
I neglected to mention in the video that this is a buyback. I think that buybacks need to have something different added to them so as to distinguish it from a regular original card. What stops someone from taking a Sharpie to any old card?

Joey Gathright and B.J. Upton Signature Swings AUTOS
The Gathright is a gold stamped parallel numbered (030/199).

Historical Record Albert Pujols (0001/2001) and Hideki Matsui (1277/2003)
Interesting serial numbering on the Pujols. Wondering if 0001 or 0005 is more desirable among collectors?

Grand Old Gamers Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey, Jr.

Lyle Overbay Red Foil Parallel (069/150) and Taylor Buchholz Rookie SP (132/699)
Rookies came 1:11 packs, so I think we did alright there.

Not a bad box, but sometimes I want the wealth to be spread around a little more. I'm sure Teddy doesn't mind, though.

2 comments:

hiflew said...

Would you mind please throwing the checklists in with my packet if no one else wants them. I don't have this set listed on my master Rockies list.

Teddy Dziuba said...

I feel bad for everyone else, I'm just catching up on these breaks now...looks like I'm "that guy" this time around