Monday, May 2, 2011

The Return of El Cheapo: Orphans, Unclaimed, and a Randomization

First things first. Since helpful reader Mad Guru determined that Brad Miller was drafted by the Rangers, and since nobody claimed the Rangers, and since I got a bunch of nice cards from the other unclaimed teams, the Miller is going to be randomed off. Here's a screenshot of the randomization involving all participants who received neither a relic or autograph.

Congratulations, beardy, the Brad Miller USA auto-relic is headed your way.

But wait, there's more!
There was a small handful of cards that could not be assigned to any team. I'm hoping I can find a home for them with someone who really wants them. Pictured below are these orphan cards. In the comments, any participant may claim one or two of these cards, first come-first served, get 'em while they're hot.


Lastly, here are the best cards from each unclaimed team. I have to say that there are some pretty good cards here, so let's start with the best.
PIRATES
2009 Bowman Chrome #BCP92 Dinesh Kumar Patel AUTO

You probably heard about Patel and Rinku Singh, winners of the Indian TV show The Million Dollar Arm, who were subsequently signed to minor league contracts by the Pirates. Neither became a success, but this is a card I'm going to hang on to for the novelty value.


WHITE SOX
2009 Topps Finest #90 Carlos Quentin Blue Refractor (295/399)

Colored refractor? Nice!


MARLINS
2005 Bowman Chrome #BDP71 Kris Harvey X-Fractor (102/250)

Bryan Harvey's son, but not good.


DIAMONDBACKS
2006 Upper Deck Ovation #47 Livan Hernandez Gold Parallel (296/499)

Nats jersey, listed as an Arizona player. Hmmm, if either of these teams were claimed by someone else I would have gladly assigned this card to them, but I ended up with both teams. Livan, your card is a mess, but you are destined for my numbered card binder. I'll clear a space out for you.

2009 Donruss Elite Extra Edition #1 Bobby Borchering Die-Cut Parallel (080/200)
A couple of you ended up with some of these die-cuts, and I just wanted to show one of them. When I read this kid's name, all I can think of is "High quality H2O."


ROYALS
2010 Topps 20/20 #T19 Zack Greinke

We need this guy to start pitching.


ANGELS
2007 Upper Deck Spectrum #23 Jered Weaver Die-Cut (19/99)

Die-Cuts are cool. I just wish this was a better player.


NATIONALS/EXPOS (One of each)
2006 Upper Deck Future Stars #75 Alfonso Soriano Pink Parallel (1400/1799)

2005 Upper Deck SP Legendary Cuts Legendary Lineage #LE-DE Dennis Martinez (345/399)
Boy, am I glad the previous owner of this lot was an El Presidente Supercollector. For some reason I remember first hearing about his perfect game while in an airport in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Too bad I wasn't in Nicaragua at the time.


RANGERS
2010 Bowman Bowman Expectations ##BE43 Elvis Andrus/Jiovanni Mier

Anyone need this one? It's up for trade.


ASTROS
Man, the Astros went crazy in this break. I wish someone could have claimed this bounty.
2008 Bowman Sterling #BSP-PT Polin Trinidad AUTO Refractor (023/199)

2008 Topps #RR-DE Darin Erstad Game-Used Bat

2005 Bowman Chrome #336 Mike Rodriguez X-Fractor AUTO (202/225)


PADRES
2008 Upper Deck X X2 Xponential #X2-AG Adrian Gonzalez

Yeah, the Friars were a real garbage dump. I'm glad nobody claimed them.

There you have it. Just about everything here except for the Patel and Martinez are available for trade. I will entertain offers on the rest. And don't forget to claim one of the seven orphaned cards if you see one or two you like.

10 comments:

Alex said...

timmy lopes for me

deal said...

I am interested in the Ron Teasley card. THanks - team phungo

BA Benny said...

Sketch card please.

longlivethewho said...

Don't think you can do much better than Jered Weaver.

Ryan G said...

Revolving door? Really? I need to start actually LOOKING at my Allen & Ginters. And I think Betelgeuse will be hot for quite a while. It's a star, after all. (Hah!) I wish I had been part of this break. I guess there's always next time...

Chris Harris said...

FWIW, Patel was released by the Pirates at the end of the 2010 season; but Rinku Singh is still with the team.

Matt F. said...

I'll take the Patel and I actually collect those two guys...

http://www.heartbreakingcards.com/search/label/dinesh%20patel

...and the King Tut if it's still available...

GCA said...

I'll trade you for the Livan if you'd like to move it.
email = QAPLAGCA at yahoo

PunkRockPaint said...

Thankfully, I dodged the garbage dump that was the Padres... IS the Padres.

Nathan said...

Please throw the history of the game and revolving door cards in my stack if they're unclaimed

Thanks so much for the break!