Friday, June 17, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #37

2007 TriStar Pro Debut #11 Jason Heyward

Word on the street is that Topps Pro Debut came out? I guess? I don't know. This is a product I would never intentionally buy. Opening pack after pack where I don't know who any of the players are just has no appeal to me. Bowman products are about the earliest in a player's career I'd like to venture, which makes sense because veterans and actual MLB-experienced rookies are featured. That being said, this is a pretty nice card. There was a small stack of these, maybe two or three packs' worth, in the 30-dollar lot. One actual fun aspect of having a few minor league cards is getting to see a creative logos used by some of the affiliates. Too bad the Gulf Coast Braves aren't something like the Gulf Coast Greater Galagos. That's a T-shirt I'd buy in a heartbeat.

No comments: