Saturday, June 18, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #38

2009 Topps Chrome #193 Ricky Romero Blue Refractor (167/199)

A blue refractor is the ideal color when it comes to the Toronto Blue Jays. Therefore, it stands to reason that the Cincinnati Reds and Boston Red Sox look the best in red refractors. I generally stay away from football cards, but would it not make sense that the Cleveland Browns would look great as a brown refractor? Not copper, not bronze, but straight-up brown. Unfortunately, I don't think such a thing exists.

Another thought: Could puce refractors be on the horizon? Dumber things have happened.

3 comments:

dayf said...

Topps needs to make a 1984 San Diego Padres tribute set on all Brown Refractor technology. I'd buy two of em.

Retrofan said...

Is this or any other Jays card from this lot for trade?

Thorzul said...

Sure, I'd trade the Romero. In fact, I probably have a large stockpile of Jays for trade. Looking for stuff from my want lists or comparable Brewers stuff. Email me.