Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #41

Every so often I run across one of those cards that requires you to actually look at it to determine its true nature. This is one of those cards. The other day I was filing away some of the base 2009 O-Pee-Chee cards when I came across something I didn't expect. Here it is.

2009 Upper Deck O-Pee-Chee Preview #OPC-6 Dustin Pedroia

It was the back of the card that tipped me off. Specifically, the different colored back and the large stamp that said "PREVIEW" across the stats. A smart one, I am.

These were inserted in packs of 2009 Upper Deck Series 2. This one appears to have held its value pretty well, with the only one being offered on eBay going for $2.40 plus $0.79 shipping, and none available on COMC. The value of this fabled lot continues to grow and grow.

2 comments:

AdamE said...

So... What will it take to get that $2.40 card off of you??

Thorzul said...

I'd trade it for any cool Brewers insert I don't have.