Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vintage 'Toons: Redux '67

I goofed with the last Redux post a few days ago. I thought I didn't get any '66s of '67s in the 100-card lot, but I actually did. I had just put them somewhere else and forgot about them. Onward and upward!

1967
# of cards: 19
Favorite Card 'Toon: #224 Walt Bond


"Walt has fathered children with no fewer than seven different mothers."

Let me apologize to Walt Bond and his family. I'm sure he was a stand-up guy, but the cartoon was too perfect to resist. Walt Bond actually died in 1967 at the age of 29. He was diagnosed with leukemia in 1963, but managed to play a few productive seasons after that. I think someone like Prince Fielder would benefit from learning his story before he gets too deep into free agency. Someone like that just needs to realize how very fortunate he is.

No comments: