Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #53

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter Mini World's Biggest #WB2 Skyscraper and #WB5 Mountain

I don't remember the circumstances of the World's Biggest subset that completely, but I believe that in the 25-card set... oh, wait, here it is. That awesome Wiki the BaseballCardPedia tells me that "The first five cards in this set are seeded all ALL retail packs (i.e. retail boxes, Blasters, and gravity-feeded looseys). Cards #WB6-#WB25 are exclusive to gravity-feeded looseys." Simply put, the first five are a heckuva lot easier to get than the following 20 cards.

I didn't buy any retail packs last year, but I did follow construction of the Burj Dubai (now the Burj Khalifa) closer than the average person. While not explicitly afraid of heights, when watching or sometimes even thinking about a very-high-up building or someone in a movie having to hold on to the edge of a cliff, my hands automatically get sweaty. To wit: If I'm watching the opening sequence of Mission Impossible: II, I should probably be doing it while holding a towel.

Enjoy this amazing video while I go fetch a highly absorbent sponge.


Oh, and go join the July group break in the post below this one.

No comments: