Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #61

2011 Topps #115 Jason Varitek Platinum Diamond Parallel

You might think I'm stupid for this, but does anyone else besides me get Jason Varitek and Kevin Youkilis mixed up? Being the fan of a National League team in the Midwest (and not being someone who likes to sit down and watch ESPN when they choose the Yankees-Red Sox as game of the night 47 times a year), I'll admit that this happens to me. I just don't follow the teams outside of my division closely enough to tell the difference. For example, when I dug this card out of the lot I thought, "Cool, this is the guy who was on Man v. Food who was smack talking the New York Yankees fan Adam Richman during a food challenge." Yeah, wrong. That was Youkilis. Stupid me.

I guess I fail to look past the goatee.

3 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

I'm a Sox fan, so I never would. But I could definitely see how that would happen if you weren't.

Retrofan said...

Being a Jays fan, I tend to know most of the AL East players. It's amazing how many card collectors don't know who the players on the cards are unless there is $$ in it. Half the reason I watch box breaks is because I love seeing the breakers stumble through the names, even giving some players nicknames.

Cheap Card Collecting said...

Giants fan, I mix them up all the time.