Friday, July 22, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #71

2005 Upper Deck All-Star Classics Midsummer Swatches #MS-MP Mike Piazza x2

Back when I started collecting comics in the late 1990s, Superman was very hard to recognize. In some storyline or another, he was changed into pure electricity or energy or something, and had actually split into two different versions of himself, Superman Red and Superman Blue. You can read the details of it here if you'd like.

In any case, that's the first thing I thought of when I found these two Piazza cards in the lot. I've opened a few packs of All-Star Classics, but I've never pulled a jersey card. Now I've probably got the Piazza rainbow without even trying.

Piazza White/Piazza Black. One man. Two identities. Three lovers.

2 comments:

hiflew said...

Now that's funny.

TJ said...

Oh, man. I haven't thought about the Red and Blue Superman in years. Ugh. I think Grant Morrison even had to write that shit into his JLA run. Awful.

I've been following these 30 dollar lot posts for a while. Amazing score on that.