Sunday, July 24, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #74

2010 Bowman Platinum #80 Dan Haren Refractor (487/999) and #43 Manny Ramirez Refractor (447/999)


Dan Haren cards seek me out, instead of the other way around. Every collector has a guy or two like this, and Haren is one of mine. I'm wondering if I could even give this away. I would, but I don't even want to pay to send it to somebody. If you shoot me a letter with a SASE inside of it, it's yours. My other player magnet is Eric Chavez. I would pull his cards almost exclusively in 2007 through 2009.

As for Manny, an image of him in a White Sox jersey will never not look weird. I also find it interesting how differently these scanned, as they are both normal refractors. Those photons have minds of their own, you know.

No comments: