Monday, July 25, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #75

Whew, with this post I've made it three quarters through the 100 best finds. I thought I'd give up around 12 or so, but here I am, still going strong. Making it to 75 calls for showing off one of the best cards in the bunch, a card that gets close to paying for the entire deal.

2010 Topps Allen & Ginter #AGR-DD Dale Davis Framed Bowling Shirt Relic

Come on, who leaves a card like this in a cheap, random lot? Maybe the seller just took one look at Davis and was like, "Aw, hell, this guy's gonna die. Throw it in the box."

I figured this guy was some sort of world class champion bowler, but he's not. He's actually legally blind (with a small amount of vision in his periphery), and he bowled a 300 game back in 2008. His story is actually pretty amazing, so I don't want to poke to much fun. But I'll still continue to give him a Hans Moleman voice and say, "Please, just one more frame before I die."

3 comments:

PunkRockPaint said...

Awesome!

I was lucky enough to pull one of those. At the time, I was like, "WTF?" After I read his story, I was super stoked.

jaybarkerfan said...

Awesome Card!

Bo said...

He looks like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin. Which is not a knock at all. I wouldn't mind looking like Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin.