Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #82

2011 Topps 60 #T60-5 Lou Gehrig

Just about any Lou Gehrig card in existence would make this list, so I don't feel bad about including this measly little insert. Actually, it's a card that recently qualified as "a card I need." See, I just put up a list of wants for everything I'm collecting in the 2011 Topps Series 1 set. There's still a bunch of base cards and a whole lotta inserts I am chasing. I guess I took a shine to the whole Topps Diamond codes thing, and that got me started down the road of building a Topps flagship set during the actual time that the product is on shelves for the first time since 2007 Series 1. Let's review how I have acquired those sets since then.

2007: Collected Series 1 via retail packs, bought whole Series 2 set at a card show.
2008: Waited until 2010 and bought Jumbo boxes for $25, pulling one hell of an Obama card in the process.
2009: Series 1, don't really remember how I collected it, Series 2 Jumbo box.
2010: Built entirely from donations.

So, here are my 2011 Series 1 needs. Trading has been picking up lately, so that's good. I believe a hobby box of Series 2 is in my future.

No comments: