Friday, July 29, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #86

2009 Upper Deck 20th Anniversary #1113 Nomar Garciaparra

Yeah, I already posted some of these earlier in this foray, so this one shouldn't really count as a new entry. On the other hand, I was in a rush to prepare some posts that would publish while I was on vacation, so there are two of both #53 and #54, so I'll end up with more than 100 posts. There's also a #47 and a #47.5. Sometimes, something as easy as counting can be mystifyingly difficult.

As for Nomar, there was a small part of me earlier this month that half-expected to see him pop up on a Women's World Cup broadcast. There's the Mia Hamm connection there, so it's not entirely outside of the the realm of possibility. Plus, I had gotten a larger-than-USDA-recommended portion of Nomar when I was paying attention to the All-Star Game festivities.

There's that segment on PTI where the guy with the greasy mullet asks the other two angry guys to give the probability of a sports-related phenomenon occurring, and they respond with a numerical percentage, and I thought that would be appropriate here. So, what's the probability that Nomar ever provides either play-by-play or does color commentary for a women's soccer game, or hosts a show called Women's Soccer Tonight?

1 comment:

Matt said...

37%. Just because.