Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July Group Break: 2008 Topps Triple Threads

We'll start with our box of Triple Threads. We could have done a lot better.

THE HITS
Harmon Killebrew Bat x6 (08/36)

Curtis Granderson AUTO Bat x1, Jersey x2 (49/50)

Parallels
Reggie Jackson Sapphire (21/25)

Carlton Fisk Emerald (195/240)

Billy Martin Sepia (490/525)

Jackie Robinson Sepia (469/525)

Sorry for taking both hits, but that's what happens when a break doesn't fill up. I seem to pull Harmon Killebrew cards in these like nobody's business. Twins fans are always trying to tell me that the MLB logo is modeled after Killebrew, and I don't have the heart to tell them that they're wrong. Check out this article. I'd call it a reputable source.

6 comments:

Colbey said...

I hope the Braves and Rangers fair better in the next box.

Matt F. said...

This is what I get for passing on buying the Twins.

caljr3000 said...

Can I ply you with enough Brewers stuff to get that Granderson?

A2 Wolverine said...

Damn it Dennis I thought I would beat you to it haha

Kevin said...

Wow, thems is some fuuuugly hits.

Cheap Card Collecting said...

This box looks pretty damn good now lol. RIP