Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July Group Break Is Open!

Whew, I'm back from vacation, and somehow I made it back alive after having the Twins forced down my throat for a week and a half. To celebrate, let's get the July group break started.

On tap this month:
One (1) box of 2008 Topps Triple Threads
One (1) box of 2005 Topps Pristine Legends

We did a Pristine box back in January, with some pretty decent results, so now it's time to try out the Legends product. Going back, I'm counting 15 hits in that January box, so hopefully this will make more than a few people happy.
Triple Threads, on the other hand, I expect to take a lot of flak for. Don't care, just hoping for someone to hit it big. It's not a product I'd buy for myself, but it seems it could work in a group setting.

The cost for this break will run you $26.50. (I'm running low on mailing envelopes, in case you're curious about the extra $0.50.) Again, this will net you a two-team slot, one of your choice, and one random team.

Happily, I've restored access to my PayPal account attached to my usual email address, so when you sign up, please send payment to: bill13boehm@yahoo.com

And it's probably going to be a fruitless endeavor to send messages to last month's Thorzul gmail address, since I won't be checking it on a regular basis. As always, please include your screen name, mailing address, and team chosen as a note with the payment.
Good luck!

1. Angels -
2. Athletics - Thorzul
3. Rangers -
4. Mariners -
5. White Sox - Thorzul
6. Indians -
7. Royals -
8. Twins - Thorzul
9. Tigers - Thorzul
10. Red Sox - Thorzul
11. Yankees - Retrofan (paid)
12. Blue Jays - Dave (paid)
13. Orioles - beardy (paid)
14. Rays -
15. Cubs -
16. Cardinals - IkesCards (paid)
17. Brewers - Thorzul
18. Pirates -
19. Astros -
20. Reds - Alex (paid)
21. Padres -
22. Diamondbacks -
23. Dodgers - hiflew (paid)
24. Giants - Thorzul
25. Rockies -
26. Braves - Colbey (paid)
27. Nationals/Expos -
28. Mets -
29. Phillies - BS (paid)
30. Marlins -

12 comments:

Matt said...

What's the card count on those boxes?

IkesCards said...

We'll take the Redbirds!

Retrofan said...

yankees please.

Alex said...

reds

Anonymous said...

I will take the Phillies. Payment will be over soon. Thanks very much.

BS

hiflew said...

How are you going to handle the Negro Leaguer cards from the Pristine box? I am just asking because my potential team (among others) is not represented in that box. Are they randomed between everyone or are they going to the poorest performers?

Thorzul said...

Should that arise, they'll be randomed among teams w/o hits.

hiflew said...

Sounds fair...I will gamble that I can pick up the Rox later and take the Dodgers this go around.

hiflew said...

Payment Friday morn as usual if that's okay.

Colbey said...

I'll grab the Braves. Payment will be sent tomorrow (Friday).

beardy said...

I'll take the O's, but can't pay till Sun or Mon.

Colbey said...

Payment sent...