Friday, August 19, 2011

The 100 Best Finds in a 30-Dollar Lot: #97

This morning I was reading the latest issue of a magazine called Cinema Retro. It's published only three tines a year, and the last couple of years I've bought one at a well-stocked bookstore in a tiny town in northern Minnesota that we pass through on the way to the resort. Well, the article in question this morning concerned a list of the top ten films of 1979. There were a bunch I had seen, like Alien, Apocalypse Now, and Monty Python's The Life of Brian, as well as a few I hadn't, such as 10, Kramer Vs. Kramer, and Being There. The last one I really need to see, considering how great of an actor Peter Sellers was.

This card from 1979 would not make the top 10 list of cards from that year.

1979 Topps #142 Charlie Williams

Yeah, nothing special, but I did manage to acquire a pretty great '79 card from the Topps Diamond Giveaway. That's one you're going to have to wait for, however.

1 comment:

deal said...

"Being There" is a good film - but it ain't traditional Sellers. It is more Quirky and odd. Pretty good book and easy to read.

WV=rented