Friday, August 5, 2011

Interior Decorating At Its Finest

You've probably already run across posts by other bloggers showcasing a pretty nifty product offered to them by Easy Canvas Prints. Now you can count me among those touting their excellent service. This company asked me to link to their site and review one of their products in exchange for a free 8x10 sample.

I actually received my canvas print a few weeks ago, and instead of going the baseball route as many have done, I picked out an image I had discovered a couple of months ago with the intent of hanging it in the baby's room. I'm not sure how these things usually work, but in my experience when one friend of a pregnant woman gets a whiff of what a nursery theme might be, it soon snowballs into an unstoppable juggernaut. There may have been one elephant in the baby's room at one point, and before you knew it, there were 50. Below is my contribution to the cuteness, a work of art called "Elecopter."

I was really happy with how this turned out, especially for a relatively small source image. A canvas print this size goes for around $30, and I think it's well worth the price. It's a great alternative to getting something framed, and now I'm curious to see how this would look if I were to use a baseball card. Think about it, you could do a timeline of a favorite player's Topps base cards and put them up in a rec room. Pretty cool. This is definitely something I'd like to try out again.

However, I have a slightly different image in mind.

P.S. An elephant with its trunk raised is considered good luck.

1 comment:

mmmrhubarb said...

I wonder if there's legal repercussions to reproducing card images, though? Not that I care, but Easy Canvas Prints might take issue.