Thursday, October 13, 2011

God, Why Must You Taunt Me So?

I checked my email at lunch today, and to my surprise, the Brewers had sent me this:

Great.




Just great.






An essentially meaningless message. Let's be perfectly clear: The St. Louis Cardinals are going to win the World Series. I will not be scrambling for tickets next Monday morning. There will not be another baseball game played at Miller Park in the year 2011. I was at Game 1 of the NLDS, and Game 1 of the NLCS, and that will be it. The St. Louis Cardinals are going to win the World Series. Let me repeat that: The St. Louis Cardinals are going to win the World Series.

Well, at least I can print this off and store it right next to the 2007 Brewers playoff tickets I bought (and for which I was later refunded the money).




Anybody wanna buy four 2011 World Series tickets to a game played in Milwaukee? Two grand takes the whole shebang.

4 comments:

gritz76 said...

What? You'll be awful sorry when they prove you wrong! BTW, I got my email today too, unfortunately mine was the one saying Sorry you're a loser, better luck next time.

dayf said...

I'm rooting for the Brewers to win it all, so , yeah, you're fooked.

Sorry 'bout that

deal said...

Go BrewCrew - hope you get a chance to use those tix. I entered a dozen lotteries and only won w/ the Braves.

cynicalbuddha said...

Hate to say your wrong there Bill but there will be at least one more game at Miller! Whaooooooo.